Monday, January 28, 2013

Mail Art Projects

Today I've been pottering about in my workroom. It was my daughters first day back at school after the summer Christmas break, so it was nice to spend a few uninterrupted hours doing my thing.

Recently I learned a new art journal technique and decided to put it into practice with a few postcards today. Mail Art is another avenue that I've ventured into with my art. It's like a mini version of art journaling you can send to your friends and receive awesome little works of art in return!

Below is a partial image of the journal technique I recently learned and some images of today's 'works in progress'.





4 comments:

  1. I love this background on the post card.
    And of course... the houses. They are on my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Boo! You should have a try at this technique. I had to improvise on a couple of the steps, but essentially ended up with a similar result. I thinks it's by changing some of those steps is what made the finished product 'my own'.

      Delete
  2. Alison, I love this! the use of colors - wow. This goes right into my heart! I just wanted to tell you, that I am following your blog also. This is full of inspirations for me. adorable.
    This blog seems to have problems with my identification. I am Gabriele artatag.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following Gabriele and thank you for your lovely comments. Your blog is truly, truly beautiful.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...