Monday, February 4, 2013

Letter Love 201 Lessons 2, 3 and 4

I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the Letter Love 201 course. (Click HERE and HERE to see previous posts on the course). It's fun, its challenging and its really sparked a desire to take more of Joanne's courses. I think the next on my list will be her Artful Alphabets course.

So, Lesson 2 proved to be quite a challenge and I spent so much time on it. It was required of us to write a series of quotes using the most creative forms of writing we could come up with. Some of the works shown on the Letter Love Facebook page have been simply outstanding! I don't really use a lot of quotes in my art, so I was grateful a list had been supplied for us, although, I did use one of my favourite quotes: Do More Of What Makes You Happy.

Lesson 3 asks us to create between 6 and 8 of our own 'Artful' Alphabets. We have been given some time to finish this assignment, which is good because at this stage, I have come up with only one design. Ideas are brewing though and I should have this completed in a few days.

Lesson 4 was to create an Alpha Vortex. Imagine holding a handful of letters and then drop them on a page. How would they land? This task was great fun and I am geared up for Lesson 5 now! Bring it on!

If you want to know more about Joanne Sharpe's courses, click HERE to check out her Whimsperations blog for all the details.



12 comments:

  1. This looks like a great way to get inspiration for new work and get motivated for new ideas :D Thanks for sharing, I'm going to go find out more :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great source of inspiration. I'm really looking forward to learning a lot more! :)

      Delete
  2. How fun Alison! I'm so glad you keep posting your lessons.....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely keep posting my progress. It also keeps me blogging on a regular basis too!

      Delete
  3. I really like the picture of the Alpha Vortex... Did you just randomly pick letters or are do they spell an actual word, if unscrambled?
    Fun fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All the letters in the alphabet are on the page. I just started with A and worked my way through to the end, layering, making some large and some small. I know my partial photos don't show everything, but I mainly post them to show a close up of details.

      Delete
  4. Wow...I just love it. I've got to find the time to check into this. Thanks so much for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay Bea! The good thing about Joanne's courses is that they are open forever. You have all the time in the world to complete them, or go back and do them again.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Boo. :) This is a fav of mine too.

      Delete
  6. Wow, you are really good at this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...