Saturday, February 23, 2013

Light Box Lettering

This was a lesson I really enjoyed. I always loved using the light boxes we had at school and they just make doing repetitive designs so much easier to reproduce. Funnily enough, I don't actually own a light box, and I think that's what made this project just a little more exciting.

For this particular project, we were to take a word and draw it up as nicely as possible. Make it really special. Then we were to pop it onto the light box, or light pad (much flatter and easier to use) and copy it another two times. With these copies we could colour them any way we wanted to. I chose to use Sharpie marker with a little white Signo pen for highlights for one, fine line doodling for number two and water colour paint for number three. What made my project so much more fun was the fact that I used the sun shining through the back sliding door as my light box! I simply masking taped my original design to the glass, then taped another sheet of paper over the top. The light shone through brightly enough to trace my design onto the paper. There's nothing more fun than improvising in art!






6 comments:

  1. I love it.. The sunshine... the original light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white one! It reminds me of fingerprints! My sister used to work at a dentist's office and he gave her one of the light boxes they use to look at x-rays (and she subsequently gave it to me)...it's a million years old, but it's one of my favorite things in my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the light pad Joanne Sharpe was using and it was amazing. Just like an iPad but for light. So economical and light weight. The ones from school were like 10 cm deep with a big old light bulb inside it! Lol! Nice score getting the light box from your sister!

      Delete
  3. WOW!!! That looks so good it makes my eyes burst!!! :)$$$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Sweetie! I wouldn't want your beautiful eyes to burst though, so perhaps you should look away. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...