Monday, February 11, 2013

Op Art!

I have fallen a little bit behind in the Letter Love 201 course, but I'm not letting it bother me. Of course life is going to take priority, and the last few days I have been a little on the busy side, so I haven't been able to be as creative as I'd like. PLUS! I've run out of some supplies. Oh dear, I guess I'll just have to go and buy some more. :) Tomorrow, I should be able to get back on track with things though. The beauty of this course is that there is no pressure to get all your assignments done by a particular time, and to relax and enjoy the class and let it really soak in.

So, I've been working on doing some lettering for the course. I have spent my time on this assignment, but a more recent assignment was to do a little Op Art.

"Op art, also known as optical art, is a style of visual art that makes use of optical illusions".

We were to think back to the 60's and 70's (which is giving away my age), and of the psychedelic letters and colours of that era. And this is what I came up with!



GROOVY, huh?



4 comments:

  1. Groovy indeed :)
    What kind of marker, pen, paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Sharpie markers for this one. I would so love to invest in some Copics, or even Spectrum Noirs, but a tight budget insists I use what I have. They still do a pretty good job!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...