Thursday, March 14, 2013

How Did That Happen?

Sometimes the best pages happen when you don't put much thought into them. I'm not really sure how this page came about. I sat down to look through my art journal and found a page that I had prepared a background for but not moved on with the rest. I decided I didn't like the background and gesso'd over it. The rest is history.

I used acrylic paint, Dylusions sprays, Indian ink and oil pastel for the background. I hunted through my ephemera and found the cute little creature in a festival guide. I thought he would be perfect for my background.

Overall, the page took about 2 hours and I have to say it's one of my favourite pages. However, I tried another page today and that was a big old fail. But that, my friends, is another story.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...