Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mandala

I have fallen a bit behind in my Lettering course of late. I've become a little bit sidetracked with other projects, but I'll be back on track by the end of the week. I have been working on this journal page, along with some other Mail Art projects, for the last couple of days. This page was inspired by some of the floral mandalas I have been putting on postcards lately. I haven't done an Art Journal page since the beginning of the year, so it was nice to work on this one.

I started by tearing out some old pages of a 99c copy of Wuthering Heights I found at the second hand store. I glued them into my journal and used my pan water colour paints to brighten up the page. Once that was all dry, I proceeded to draw my floral mandala with a Sharpie fineliner pen.

I might try another one of these using acrylic paint to colour the background. But I need to get cracking on my Letter Love 201 course again first!






6 comments:

  1. Just keep on going... it's wonderful!
    (What kind of watercolors? Brand...)
    What size is your journal?
    Sorry - so many questions ;)
    Have a happy weekend, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Jana! The journal is A5 (approximately). It was just a lined notebook I found on sale at the store. I gesso most pages, depending on what I'm working with, but not for this one. The watercolours are Micador. I'm not sure if you can get them in Sweden. They are also fairly inexpensive. I work on a budget! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this so much! The mandala is so beautiful, and the background...gorgeous! Every time I see what you do, I want to try my own version...you are such a source of inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweet Red! I'd love to see your version of a mandala. They're very relaxing to do. It's why I love tangling and doodling so much. I can immerse myself in them.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Jana and Sweet. Your page is beautiful. I want to grab a pen and try one. Mine never turn out. I love the water color background. I've got to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Boo! I can't paint for to save myself, but with the watercolour, I just wet the page as much as possible and let the colours bleed into eachother. I'll go over bits with more colour to make areas a little more vibrant, but there isn't really a process I follow to get my backgrounds.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...