Sunday, March 10, 2013

Milk Art

Last night, my daughter and I were having a look on Pinterest (one of my favourite websites) and found an amazing tutorial on Milk Art. We decided that this was a project we just had to try, so today, we had a rummage through the cupboards and got everything ready.

All you need is a plate, or shallow dish (preferably square or rectangular), some milk, food colouring and dish washing liquid.



Place a small amount of milk into your dish. Enough to fill the bottom of the dish should do. Then carefully drop your food colouring into the milk. 


Take your dish liquid and pour a small amount into the centre of your food colouring, then stand back and watch the reaction between the milk and the dish liquid! My daughter thought this was amazing!



Here is a 10 second video we took of the reaction. It's REALLY cool!
*UPDATE 3.4.2016: The video link seems to be broken somewhere along the way, so I shall remedy this as soon as possible*



I have to thank and credit Flutter Flutter for this tutorial. I believe she may have found it somewhere else, but this is where I found it. 

4 comments:

  1. Super cool. This would be a great thing for a teacher to show her class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. I thought it would be a cool presentation for my daughter to give the class as part of her weekly talk. I'd need to clear it with the teacher first. It could get messy!

      Delete
  2. Very VERY cool. My grandson's are coming to visit in the school holidays, might be jut the things to show them clever grandma is, thankyou for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to do and I swear they will love it! Have fun with it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...