Saturday, March 16, 2013

Water Colour Techniques Pt 2

As promised, I had a go at another water colour paint technique yesterday, using paint and rock salt. I soaked my page with water and quickly put my colours down. I gave it one last spritz of water and sprinkled some rock salt over the top. I probably could have put a little more salt on, but for a first attempt, it turned out quite well. One side worked a little better than the other. I think the paint had already set onto the page by the time I spritzed the second time. I've used water colour paper for both projects.

I left the salt on until I could see no more wet or damp spots on the page or around the salt rocks. Again it was a fairly warm day, so it only took a few hours to dry. The salt also came off very easily too. I just used a tissue to brush off any stubborn pieces, or carefully used my nail to pick off the extra stubborn bits.

Once again, I'm not sure what I'll do with this page, so it will get added to my stash and probably used in another journal page project.




4 comments:

  1. I love this effect! Will have to add it to my "todo" list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Lynn! I'd love to see what you do!

      Delete
  2. Wow... I really like the way the color reacted to the rock salt. Great background.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...