Friday, March 15, 2013

Water Colour Techniques

Yesterday I was hunting around looking for background techniques for art journaling. I've completely run out of paint (acrylic) so I have to try and utilize what I have left, which is pretty much water colour paints and oil paints. I remembered hearing about a water colour paint technique where you fill your page with colour and before it dries, cover it loosely with Glad Wrap (cling film). I decided to give it a try and was pretty pleased with the results! Not sure what to do with the page so for now I'll just add it to my stash. The next technique I'd like to try is using water colour paints and rock salt, and then maybe both at the same time!

Edit: I left the cling film on the painting until the paint was completely dry. It was a warm day here, so I left it on for about 6 hours. The paint was dry, but the actual page was still a little damp. I have read though that you should leave the cling film on overnight.




6 comments:

  1. Oh!!! I love how this turned out. Wonderful!!!!
    Now I want to try that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Boo! I'm going to try it again and scrunch the cling film up a little more and see how it looks.

      Delete
  2. Alison, this is really a not too smart question (I don't use the word dumb) but.....do you take the clear wrap off or does it stay on? It looks so beautiful in your photo, like the wrap is still on.
    Thanks for answering my less than brilliant question! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, it's fine! You do take the clear wrap off when it's dry. I probably should have mentioned it in my post. It was a pretty hot day when I did mine so I left it for about 6 hours before I took the wrap off, but I did read that most leave it on overnight for the paint to completely dry. The top image in my post has the wrap on, then there's the after shot.

      Delete
  3. This is so neat! I'm with Boo, I'm gonna have to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweet Red! Have fun with it! I'm going to try the rock salt technique today.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...