Sunday, April 7, 2013

Adventures In Book Binding.

For the last couple of weeks I have had many adventures in book binding! I have almost run out of art supplies and am not really in a financial position to buy any more right now, so I'm sparingly using the supplies I have left. I do, however, have an abundance of paper, and I have been messing about with different book binding techniques until such times as I can afford to splurge on more art supplies. It's really quite an addictive hobby and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. This is what I've been up to over the last fortnight:

All my books so far, including a little matchbook!


Japanese Stab Binding.


Case Binding.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, Alison. I always wondered how the Japanese stab-bound books open? Do you you need to fold the sheets or does it pen flat?!

    I think I told you already, that binding my own journal/book is high on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jana! With a Japanese Stab bound journal, you'll need a soft cover. It will fold back where the stitching is at the 1" line on the spine. It's quite an easy (and quick) journal to make. I'd love to see one of yours when you get a chance to make one. I'd like to make one where I've designed my own cover.

      ps: I did reply to this days ago, but I could only do it as a separate comment, not as a reply. The OCD in me needed to correct this , which is why I posted it again. LOL!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...