Saturday, April 27, 2013

MORE Adventures In Book Binding!

I've been trying to get as many book binding techniques under my belt as I can lately. All my practice pieces have been turning out just super, I don't know how I'm going to part with the good versions of the books I make! This is the notebook hoarder in me coming out... So, over the last few weeks I have been making all of these:

My FAVOURITE book so far! Coptic Stitch (A5 size) journal with a Hand Painted cover (by me!) This is the journal I'm using to put all my book binding notes in, for all the books I make.

Regular Case Bound book (A6 size) with (purchased) Handmade Paper Cover.

Some Matchbooks with Japanese Washi Paper covers. These are about 2" x 2.5" in size.

My first attempt at Long Stitch (A6 size). I didn't have any leather, so I tried using denim. The papers are some Tea Stained papers I prepared ages ago for another project (that remains unfinished).

Another Japanese Stab bound journal (A5 size) with a cover that I designed. This is going to be a gift for a special someone. 

And last but not least, a little Pamphlet Stitch notebook (A6 size) with a Hand Painted cover. I attached some beads, but I'm not sure they really go with the cover. I think something a little brighter would have done the trick.

A4 = 297 x 210mm or 11.7 x 8.3inches
A5 = 210 x 148mm or 8.3 x 5.8inches
A6 = 148 x 105mm or 5.8 x 4.1inches

SO! That's the extent of my adventures in book binding of late. Stay tuned for MANY more adventures and thanks for stopping by today!


4 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful but I particularly like the cover on your Japanese notebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The Japanese is my favourite one too. I plan on designing more of this cover. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. Can I place some orders, please! If I had the money, I would hire you as my personal bookmaker!! Alison, they are soooo beautiful. I love the covers with the drip pattern - awesome!! You´ve got it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaw, thank you Gabriele! I hope to be able to sell them eventually. Little way down the track yet... :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...