Monday, April 22, 2013

Nothing Beats A Rainy Day.

It's finally coming into Autumn here in Australia. Albeit a little late, but yesterday, the cooler weather finally made an appearance! This may sound a little strange to some of you, but nothing makes me happier than a rainy day. The more miserable it is outside, the happier I am. I love the idea of being warm inside my home, rugged up under blankets with a nice hot cup of coffee, when the elements are wreaking havoc outside. And sometimes I don't even mind being outside when the weather is miserable too! Call me crazy!

So, when I woke up to the sound of rain yesterday, I made myself a nice hot coffee, grabbed my big bag of crochet and jumped back into bed. I didn't get to finish my Granny Square blanket that I started last winter, so I'm determined to finish it this year.



2 comments:

  1. This sounds veeeery cosy and snugly! Well we have that more often, haha. Have a heavy cold from that cosy weather!
    But your description gives me pictures of a flickering open fire, nice cup of tea (for me) with milk of course, hot crumpets with marmalade, that is about all - and a nice relaxed chat with you. Maybe I could bring Olivia some of my famous earwax candies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Earwax candies? That conjures up images of something that would be on par with Olivia's Own Toe Jam! I would love nothing more than to sit with you on a cold wintery day (or any other day!) and have a nice cuppa, hot crumpets with marmalade (not toe jam) and have a great big chat! Sounds wonderful. Maybe one day... :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...