Wednesday, May 8, 2013

MORE Carving Block Fun!

Last week I posted about a prototype stamp I had made (for some of my hand made books) using a rubber carving block. (See post HERE). Many of my wonderful readers, and Facebook page followers, requested that I show some more of the carvings that I had done, so I have scrounged around for some photos of the carvings that I have done recently. Thank you all so much for all your wonderful feedback on my hand made books and carved stamps. It really means a lot. I do hope you enjoy the following photos of some of my stamps, and your feedback is always appreciated.

It all started when I found a random plastic bag in my craft stash. Upon opening it, I found my old palette knives from high school, and a set of lino cutting tools (that I was meant to return, but never did... 20 years ago...!)

One of the first carvings I did.

These were created for Mail Art projects. The A was a little personalised logo I made for the back of postcards and ATCs, etc.

I don't have this one anymore. I decided to try and 'modify' it after I took the photo and ended up gouging a big chunk out of it.

My 8 year old daughter wanted a personal stamp too, so she did the lettering for her name and I cut it out for her. Then I made the cute little mushroom to go with it. 

This leaf is one of my favourite stamps.

Now I need to buy another carving block! When I do, I shall be sure to post more photos of the creations. In the meantime, thank you for stopping by my blog!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Alison, your talent is overwhelming! These stamps are the burner! You give me so much inspiration, darling! Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabriele! I urge you to give it a try. It's so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Alison, these are incredible! You never cease to amaze me with all your wonderful talent. I love these stamps. I think I am going to give a go with some erasers I got from the Dollar Store. It looks so fun! I love your mail art one with the envelope, I think that will be one I will try to do. Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs from Maine! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! I'm certainly one to experiment. I see a challenge and I give it a go. I'd love to see some of your carvings when you get the chance to try it!

      Delete
  3. Alison... Your stamps are wonderful. I so wish I lived near you so I could get a lesson or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Boo. It's really very easy. I've had lots of failures, but it's always fun to experiment and see what works. Starting with dollar store erasers is the best way to start.

      Delete
  4. They're awesome! I Love Olivia's stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jana! Olivia was very pleased with the results too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...