Sunday, May 26, 2013

New Techniques

I've been desperately hunting the internet for book binding tutorials. YouTube has some great videos and Pinterest has some good resources, but I seem to be struggling to find some really good information! Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, I don't know. But, I did find Becca Making Faces. She has some fantastic tutorials on all sorts of variations of the Japanese Stab technique on her blog! So this week, I have practiced a couple of them.


This technique is called Woven and I just adore this bind! I made a few mistakes on this practice piece, but I'm currently working on a new one which is looking very nice, if I do say so myself!

This technique is called Snake Eyes. A very easy bind.

So, this is what has kept me out of mischief this past week. As well as designing a few new covers too. Of course I will be posting images of the finished products! If you would like to check out some more of these amazing binding techniques, pop over to Becca Making Faces. There are definitely plenty more I'll be tring out in the very near future.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! Thanks for linking back to my site, I enjoy looking at what others have done with my patterns.

    Just out of curiosity, have you ever looked at Keith A Smith's books? He has several excellent books that cover section sewings, binding without paste or glue, sewing single sheets, exposed spine sewings, and more. You can find his books on Amazon or on his own site. Well worth the money!

    -Becca-
    beccamakingfaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! I hadn't heard of Keith A Smith's books, but I shall certainly be looking into that! I appreciate the advice. Thank you so much from stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful! Love the Snake Eyes technique. It reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright somehow :)

    I found you via etsy blog team forum by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I'll ask around about books on binding. I had some friends who were into it a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Boo! I'd really appreciate that. :) I've found a heap of books that I'd love to get. Finding internet resources is proving to be difficult though.

      Delete
  4. I've never done a stitched book binding, but I might need to try it. I really like the woven one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! It's lots of fun. Try looking at SeaLemon DIY on YouTube. She has some easy to follow videos on different stitches.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...