Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WOYWW 209

I've missed the last couple of weeks of WOYWW, but I'm back this week! Unfortunately, my desk has remained pretty tidy these last few weeks but it's mainly because I haven't been doing any art journaling and A LOT of book binding. For my book binding, I really need to have a clean and tidy desk. Now because I'm lazy, I didn't bother to wash the paint off the desk, but merely covered it up with some paper and taped it to the table.

This weeks project was to be a sort of Smash Book, but I started getting a little bit particular about things and is turning out to be quite an involved project now, using an assortment of sketch paper, resin papers, tea stained papers and other papers I have in my stash. Still, I'm having fun with it.


I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my desk this week and if you'd like to participate in WOYWW, just pop over to Julia's blog and find out how to take part!

 Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by book binding, have just bought a book about making handmade books and hoping to have a go soon (when I can understand the instructions!) Have a good week. Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what you make Helen! What book did you get? I'd love to buy them all, but I just keep re-borrowing them from the local library.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I'm a paper-a-holic and I'm loving those papers you've got on your desk - yum! Thanks for your visit - hope you manage to get some creating done this week. MMx #68

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried book binding, and the piece in the lower right corner looks so great! Love the colors. Such a fun tool filled desk you have! Love the papers!! Winnie#79

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie! I love book binding! The book in the bottom corner is one that I designed the cover on and bound with a Coptic Stitch. I use it to record details of the other books I make.

      Delete
  4. your the second person on WOYWW today talking about book binding we have some talented people out there. thanks for sharing your desk I enjoyed having a poke around
    Wishing you a very happy WOYWW and hope you have a great week
    Ria #39

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ria! I'm slowly working through the WOYWW list, but I did find another blogger who's created a Smash book and one who's done a mini book swap, so it's nice to know there are a few of us book binders out there!

      Delete
  5. Loving the papers and the way Smash went to Particular....good moves! Enjoy it, bet it comes togethere quite quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! I'll be working more on it this afternoon! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm just discovering book binding and my attempts have been VERY basic, but all good fun nonetheless. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz@135

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Persevere Liz! The first stitch I learned was pamphlet stitch and went on from there. I'm still very much a beginner and I make many mistakes, but I learn from them and refuse to give up.

      Delete
  7. Bookbinding rocks! I think it's better to have a messy desk anyhow :) More productive if you ask me! Hee hee :B Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...