I could have just altered this box by painting or collaging over the top, but I chose to use it as a template this time. Goodness knows, I eat enough chocolate, I'll just get a collection and alter them next time, because, to cut a long story short, this one didn't turn out the way I had hoped.
I wanted to make use of some of my recent Gelli prints (that, YES, I STILL haven't blogged about, and keep promising to and I WILL soon.... I promise! lol), so I cut this one up to stick over the top of the blue cardboard. I couldn't have used a crappier glue because as soon as I scored it with my craft knife to make the folds, it all started to separate.
I cut some paper to size to make one fairly thick signature and sewed it on using a basic pamphlet stitch and folded it all together. After all my hard work, I was a little disappointed. The gelli print, became unstuck from the blue cover, I should have doodled on the print before I stuck it on but was impatient, there was a fold where I didn't want one, I cut flaps off the template that I shouldn't have and made the folded book kind of cave in on itself, and I made the width of the signature too small.
HOWEVER! This WAS a learning exercise and I will not let these mistakes deter me from making another, even better one! So just you wait for Chocolate Box Journal: Take TWO..... after I've blogged about those Gelli prints I keep telling you about...