My "Roots" Journal. I'm currently taking part in Kristal Norton's ROOTS e-course which is proving to be very good fun and quite liberating, in the sense that she is encouraging us to just let go of our inhibitions and not be afraid to just create without fear of failure. In week one, we prepped our journals to get started. I haven't quite finished the prep work yet though...
I have another journal that I work in sometimes. Most of the time, I just smear my left over paint in it, then eventually get around to trying to work with the page. I had made a few back grounds some time ago and never went back to them because I didn't know what to do with them. Finally inspiration struck and I did this. Not my finest page, but fun to do, nevertheless.
I decided to start doing a little workshop by Tamara Laporte called Quirky Birds. It's a segment from last years Life Book (2013) that proved to be one of the most popular. So she's offered it to everyone now and for a very reasonable price too! I made a start on my birdies background today. I battled a little bit, but, as usual, I made a final mistake, where I thought I had completely ruined everything, and it turned out to be exactly what the background needed. I shall post again when my quirky bird is complete!
Of course, we can't forget Week 3 of The Documented Life Project! The challenge was to use an envelope from our letter box. I didn't want to use some boring old bill envelope, so a friend and I decided to send each other a partially decorated envelope with some goodies inside to help finish the challenge. I got some lovely pieces of ephemera from my friend, and also used a few pieces from some more happy mail I had received that week from another friend. As a rule, I want to make everything that goes into my planner, from this year, 2014. So, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out! Now to get started on Week 4!
Well, this image is a lot smaller than I anticipated, but here she is! I gave you a sneak peek of her lovely eye last week and now she is complete. For this lovely lady, I used acrylic paint, Derwent Artist coloured pencils, and Gelatos. I had used a page from an old telephone book for her hair, but I didn't realise that the paint I was using was so heavy bodied and it completely covered up the writing. I'm still learning to do faces so this is all just part of the learning curve. Overall, I'm happy with how she turned out and I'm keen to do more!
So, that's a round up of what's been going on this last week. I have a mountain of other stuff sitting on my workbench to get through. I'm still doing my Calendar Challenge every day too and I will post some images of that at months end. In the meantime, I'll keep you up to date with more arty adventures, so as I always like to say, STAY TUNED and thanks for visiting my blog today!