Friday, January 10, 2014

Documenting Life and Other Stuff

As many of you know, I am taking part in The Documented Life Project (see post HERE for more details) and it's proving to be a lot of fun! So far we have had two challenges. Week One was to incorporate the front door to our homes in our planners. There are some truly talented people within the Facebook group and it was great to see the many interpretations of everyone's front doors. We have quite a boring front door, and at first I struggled with the challenge. Finally, I decided to do my interpretation of our front door and to portray the kind of life behind the front door. By sketching out my door, painting it blue and having a bright, paint splotchy background, I'm pretty confident I got my point across.


The second week was to incorporate a selfie into our planners, a challenge that, I know, took many of us out of our comfort zones. Most of us like to remain behind the camera! Maybe if I was still in my 20's, I'd be happy to pull the old 'duck face' in front of my phone! However, with the hundreds of filter apps available on smart phones these days, I was confident I could filter the cr@p out of my photo to suit my needs. Some of you may know I'm not good with colour (although, I seem to be getting a little better of late), so I stuck to muted tones for this one. I did want to add a splash of colour, but the layout I had wasn't really calling for it, so I just went with what I was comfortable with. Again, I think I did a fairly accurate representation of myself. Grungy, yet feminine. I'm looking forward to Week Three's challenge now!


Many of you have been inquiring about my Calendar Challenge. I have been keeping up with it, every day too! I shall post a complete months photo at the end of January, but for those of you who requested to see more, here's what's been going on so far...



I've also been curious to learn how to do these beautiful faces I see so many ladies do. I was never into doing faces, but recently I've found myself very intrigued with them. Especially the faces and girls that Suzi Blu and Jane Davenport do. So, I've been practicing a little in a little Moleskine book. I started off with just grey pencil sketching and shading, then moved onto a colour pencil version and my most recent is more of a mixed media version. She isn't finished yet, but I was working on her eyes today, so I thought I would post a close up shot. When she's all done, I'll post a full image of her.


And that's what's kept me out of mischief this past week or so! As always, thank you all so much for stopping by my blog and I hope to see you back here again soon!



6 comments:

  1. i like your calendar challenge. i did something like that a few years ago. it's fun to go back and remember things that i drew/documented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alarmcat! I've been painting and using posca pens this month and just doing a small insight into what's happened that day, or if nothing exciting happened, I'll just do anything! I'm really enjoying it.

      Delete
  2. I love her eye. It's so pretty. You are very talented. I like that your door is done on book paper. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the door with the bright paint behind it! I can't wait to see the rest of the face that goes with that eye! That eye is just swoon-worthy! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweet Red! I'll be posting a pic of my lady face very soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...