Friday, January 31, 2014

End Of The Month Round Up

I can't believe it's the end of January already! I swear, it's going to be Christmas time before I know it and I still won't be ready for it. Needless to say, it's been a very busy and productive month! So here is my round up for January:

This is my Documented Life challenge for Week 5. The task was to doodle a border in our planner. I may have gone a little off topic, but as someone pointed out, there is a doodled border in there, so I can't have bent the rules too much. I do have to say I'm a little unhappy with her eyes. They are a bit too close together, but I did rush her a little bit... She's done with acrylic paint and Derwent Artist pencils, the border is done with graphite pencil an pigment pen.

And this is my finished Quirky Bird from Tam Laporte's workshop. I have started to set up an 8"x8" canvas to do another one, and I'll also be doing a couple of them in my new journal! Yay! This little guy has been created with Dylusions spray inks, Silks Acrylic paint, regular acrylic, Derwent Inktense pencils, Letraset Aqua markers and Posca pens.


And last, but not least, I know some of you have been pretty curious as to how my Calendar Challenge 2014 has been going. Well, January is done and dusted! The theme for the month (not that I initially had set a theme, it just turned out that way), was to portray a snippet of my day using acrylic paint and Posca pens. I can't paint that well, especially tiny things, so it was a bit challenging! February will be a month of little doodles, so that should be fun! I do hope you'll pop back in during the month to check out the progress and also to see what other arty adventures I get up to!

Thanks for stopping by! x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...