Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Happy New Year everyone! It's the start of a new year and I am PUMPED to get my art on this year! I have got so many plans (all of which are noted in my Big Book of Ideas) and I hope that you have all got many creative plans for your year also. I can already tell that this is going to be a very exciting 2014!


Firstly, I am very excited to be taking part in The Documented Life Project. This is a project organised by Roben-Marie Smith, Lorraine Bell, Rae Missigman, Sandi Keene and Barbara Moore. The object of this project is to document your entire year in one massively pimped out planner! Each week there will be a challenge and other creative ideas to put into our planners. News of the project has spread like wildfire and the organisers have had an overwhelming response. I've even convinced one of my friends to join in! You can find out more about The Documented Life Project HERE and join the Facebook Group HERE! I've added a few images of the Moleskine planner I have prepared for the project for you:



It's so fat and chunky! I just love it! Filled with Washi tape, gelli prints, water colour paper, sketch paper, graph paper, vellum and kraft paper! I even included a pen holder for it!

I've also given myself a challenge for the year, that I've simply called Calendar Challenge 2014. The idea is to fill in a calendar space every day, with a doodle, painting, collage, writing, anything, for the entire year! Here is todays first image!


So, over the next few days I'll post some more images of The Documented Life Project and some more images of my Calendar Challenge. I'm also excited to be taking part in Kristal Norton's ROOTS e-course, which begins on January 12th. I was lucky enough to win a spot in the course, so I'm really looking forward to it! Pop on over to Kristal's website to find out more information as there's still time to sign up!

I'm keeping it short and sweet today. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you all had fabulous celebrations to see in the new year and aren't suffering too much as a result! And I also hope that 2014 brings you everything you hoped for an more. xxx


10 comments:

  1. I am also doing The Documented Life Project....it's humungeous!! As well I am participating in a Journal Swap http://river-girls-art.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/australian-journal-swap.html......first time ever. I will do my regular ATC and Post Card Swaps, want to play on Daisy Yellow and had a look at another AJ Prompt group. Whew!!! And it's only Jan 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lot of fun! That's sure to keep you out of mischief. It's good to be brimming with ideas isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Hi. Found your blog through Pinterest. Love what I have seen already! Look forward to reading the rest of your posts. The Documented Life Project sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll check out The Documented Life Project. It is great fun! x

      Delete
    2. I have a few friends who are doing it and am very tempted :)

      Delete
  3. My, my I am so going to love watching this space for the next year....to see the filling up your "pimped up planner" (rofl) but also to see all the crazy wonderfully colourful doodles for each day. Discovered your work only just last month and absolutely fell in love with the doodles you create.
    btw...just bought my own moleskine date book to pimp out but it will also be a functional planner for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace! I hope to be doing another post very soon on the two weekly challenges that have been up so far, plus the doodles I've done in my calendar, so please stay tuned! Are you taking part in the Documented Life Project?

      Delete
    2. I have joined their FB group but have yet to start one challenge *insert sad face*. It's been a busy beginning weeks of January for me. I'm teaching one class, joined another year long one for inspiration, am behind on a daily email journal prompt plus the documented life that I really want to do. Me thinks I took on too much but it definitely make me smile all this arty goodness going on.

      Delete
    3. At least with DLP, you can work at your pace. I too, have probably bitten off more than I can chew this year, as far as art projects go, but it keeps me out of mischief!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...