Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Not Sure What To Call This Post...

....so I'm just going to carry on. I've sat here for about half an hour wondering what title I can give this post and nothing springs to mind. The most important thing is that I actually have something to blog about, so does it really matter what title the post has? No? Well then, lets move on...

Here we have Week 6 of The Documented Life Project challenge. This week we were to open our Pinterest boards and and find inspiration. I could have chosen so many things from my boards. I lose myself for hours on Pinterest, but I ended up choosing my Teresa McFayden's Neon Forest as my inspiration. She does the most amazing art and I just loved how the colour popped in this piece. If you want to see more of Teresa's artwork, HERE is a link to her website. You can check out my Pinterest account HERE.


I'm still keeping up with the Calendar Challenge 2014. This months theme is Patterns and I'm finding it a lot less tedious than last month. Painting each square in January was a long process and time consuming, so I'm really enjoying this month!

My current lady face. I'm trying a different approach this time. So far, all I've done since this image is paint the skin tone. I'm trying to keep up with all my projects and seem to be doing alright at it, so I'll come back to this one soon. Stay tuned!

And I finally finished my Quirky Bird on the canvas! I have another bird to do now and I'm also doing a journal page layout of the two birds as well. I'd like to frame the canvases and perhaps put them up in my daughters bedroom. She's not opposed to that idea at all. Lol

So, that wraps up this weeks activities. OH! Except for the awesome new Kikki.K planner I recently bought (and convinced a friend to buy as well). So now I'm completely in love with my new planner and I'll tell you all about that in my next post. ;)




4 comments:

  1. i've been doing a doodle-a-day in my calendar, too. I really like yours! maybe i should choose a theme for the month. that might make life easier :)

    I'm a pinterest fan, too. It's easy to get lost there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you're doing a calendar challenge too! It's good fun. I thought a monthly theme would be easier too. Last months was 'something I had done that day' but choosing to use paints was probably not the best idea! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I love your style and your works. The calendar idea is great, I will definitely try it. I'll be very happy to add a link to your site on my Links page (If that's ok with you of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. Of course you can add a link to my site on your page!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...