Friday, October 31, 2014

And Finally! Some Book Binding!

It seems like it's been ages since I did some book binding! After school holidays and getting side tracked with other projects, I've finally had an opportunity to sit down and bind a couple of books. 



This one will be a gift for my daughters school teacher this year. I've always given her teachers a hand made gift. I find hand made is always far more appreciated. I just need to design a book plate to go inside. I'm thinking of designing an eraser carved stamp so I can use it in all my books.



This one is destined for my Etsy store. It's a new technique I've tried by incorporating an Accordion style with a Coptic bind. I hope to post this in the store within the next few days.

I've got lots more ideas brewing with book binding. Leading up to the Christmas period though, I will probably be focusing on making Christmas gifts. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze a few more items into the shop before then too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...