Saturday, October 11, 2014

Hama Bead Madness!

School holidays doesn't give me much of an opportunity to get any of my art work done. There are too many distractions and I find it very hard to concentrate. Needless to say that even though I don't get to be creative on my terms, I do still get to be creative with my daughter and the crafts that she chooses to do.

A trip to Ikea one morning scored us a massive jar of Hama beads (also known as Perler beads) and a small assortment of plates to use. 



As soon as we got home, we searched Pinterest for ideas on patterns to create. So for the next two days, we spent hours upon hours making A LOT of designs! I'm still not very good at ironing the patterns once they're assembled, but Ill get there.



For the remainder of the holidays we have continued to play with the Hama beads and with no shortage of ideas on Pinterest, I think we'll be playing with Hama beads for quite a while! I find it quite relaxing really and it does kill a good many hours, especially when the weather isn't too great outside. School holidays end next week, so it'll be back to book binding again. I do love the holidays though. It's a great opportunity to not nag about getting ready for school and I enjoy the sleep ins!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...